How’s been your experience of recruitment agencies in the International Sector?

Home Forums Job Hunting How’s been your experience of recruitment agencies in the International Sector?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    adrianfgscarlett
    Keymaster

I’ve just spent many hours reviewing recruitment agencies that work in the international education sector. Over the past dozen years, I have had plenty of interactions with many of these agencies both as a candidate and recruiter. I won’t comment on my experiences from the recruitment side of things for a fear of a conflict of interests but will comment on my experience as a candidate. To be fair, I would say that by and large, my experiences have been positive, even on those occasions that I didn’t get the job. I have found the vast majority of recruitment agents to be helpful, supportive and friendly. In fact, I can’t recall an occasion when I felt unsatisfied with an agent. My gripe would be with one or two of the agencies in the field who don’t respond to enquiries, or even sometimes give any feedback after one has submitted an application through their site. I’m sure that they are busy people, but if someone has taken the time to write a supporting statement and share their CV/Resume, they are at least deserving of some sort of feedback. The best agencies reach out to candidates, even when they may not be the ideal candidate for a particular job, and conduct short screening interviews so that they can support them with future vacancies. Fortunately, most agencies in our sector adopt this approach.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.